Lisa A. Mullen Award for Academic Excellence & Hartford Pond Scholarship
The Hartford Pond is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the fiscal year of 2017-2018. The deadline to apply is May 1, 2018. The Hartford Pond will award one student the Lisa A. Mullen Award for Academic Excellence in the amount of $1,000 in memory of long-time member Lisa Mullen. Lisa chaired the Hartford Pond Scholarship program for years and took much pride in helping young adults reach greater heights through education and leadership, and she ensured our scholarship program embodied the spirit of giving back to our members’ children who were an active part of their community.
In addition, The Hartford Pond will be awarding an unspecified number of Hartford Pond Scholarships. The number and amount of awards will be determined by the financial health of the Pond for the year and amount of applications received.
- Recipient must be a qualified dependent of a Hartford Pond member, as declared for tax purposes.
- The Hartford Pond member must be in good standing; that is: adherence to the Hartford Pond by-laws, and the Hartford Pond member has attended at least three (3) business meetings for the calendar year, and is current regarding payment of Hartford Pond dues.
- Recipient must be a senior in high school or prep school, and must be accepted as a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited college or university; OR; the Recipient may be a full time student at an accredited college or university, in their freshman, sophomore, or junior year.
- Recipient has not received any prior scholarships, from any source, in excess of 50% of tuition (in the aggregate).
- Recipients who have received a scholarship from Hartford Pond the prior year, are eligible only if there is an insufficient amount of otherwise qualified candidates to fulfill the quota of scholarships set by the Hartford Pond for the current year.
- Recipients will be limited to a total of two awards over the course of their college studies, or at the discretion of the Committee.
How To Apply:
- If applicant is a high school or college student, submit completed application, along with a copy of the college acceptance letter, to Wendy Hubbard, Hartford Pond Scholarship Chairperson (email address is below), by May 1 of the current calendar year. All Applications must be signed by the Applicant, and the Hartford Pond member (parent/guardian).
- If applicant is not a current college student, but is no longer in high school, a letter of acceptance from college is required along with the application.