Decades ago, the Hartford Pond organized Puddles in Boston (which begat the Bay State Pond) and New Haven (which dissipated into history).
We had been talking about getting Blue Goose into the Ocean State for over a decade, and on January 16, 2014 we finally did something else besides talking about it.
An organizational meeting for the Ocean State Puddle was held on January 16, 2014 at the Iron Works Tavern in Warwick, RI. We drew 75 guests to the meeting, the vast majority of which were insurance professionals from the Ocean State. We walked away with 19 membership applications, and were very grateful to the New York City Pond, Bay State Pond, and Eastern Region for supporting the January 16th event.
The Ocean State’s Puddle’s first official meeting was held at the Greenwood Inn in Warwick on March 27, 2014. The night was a big success by any criteria you care to use. Try these:
- We had received 40 Ocean State applications going into the meeting.
- We had 47 guests registered for the meeting.
- We initiated 26 goslings.
- We picked up 4 new membership applications.
- We collected a large amount of food for the Comprehensive Community Action Program of Cranston.
Since then, the Puddle has grown to fifty members, and regularly holds meetings to support charitable causes. Charities supported by the OSP include
- Comprehensive Community Action Program (food collection)
- Crossroads Rhode Island (Winter hats and gloves)
- Dorcas International Institute of RI (Winter hats and gloves)
- Holiday For Heroes Christmas Party, Volunteer service at Warwick Armory
- Operation Stand Down Rhode Island (food and personal care items)
- Operation Military Kids (Toy Collection)
- Ronald McDonald House of Providence (Household goods & personal care items)
- Salvation Army ($250)
- Women’s Center of Rhode Island (Toiletries and personal care items)
If you are a Rhode Island insurance professional we invite you to join us.
CLICK HERE for a Membership Application